nxtvepg 2.7.0 and 2.7.1 pre-releases changelog
This page summarizes changes between pre-releases which led from 2.6.0 to the 2.7.0 and 2.7.1 releases. It's only kept for historical interest as the main change log summarizes all changes that finally went into 2.7.0 and then 2.7.1. See also the nxtvepg mailing list archives.
nxtvepg 2.7.4 pre-releases changelog
Changes between 2.7.4pre3 and 2.7.4 (2004-12-27)
- Fixed bug in handling external video input source during EPG scan which caused misleading help messages.
- Finalized update of TV card support (i.e. DScaler import); bugfix in MT2032 tuner handling.
Changes between 2.7.4pre2 and 2.7.4pre3 (2004-12-12)
- Added possibility to configure text foreground colors (at least for programme list) to support an inverted color scheme (see examples with inverted color scheme in single column layout, inverted color scheme in grid layout)
- Added new display format option for composite attributes (i.e. user-defined columns): set foreground color for entire column (see example)
- TV app. interaction developent tool vbirec: added possibility to send commands and EPG OSD infos to a connected TV app (to allow testing this feature without nxtvepg)
Changes between 2.7.4pre1 and 2.7.4pre2 (2004-11-01)
- XML export: omit newline (i.e. line break) at start and end of description text (on user request esp. for DTD version 5); also in DTD version 6 descriptions merged from multiple providers are now exported in separate description attributes instead of concatenating the text into one with newlines in-between.
- Windows only: cleanly catch crash when switching desktop display to full-screen (e.g. upon start of some game); nxtvepg still aborts but safely stops the TV card driver and prevents popup message (the crash is caused by a bug in the Tcl/Tk library)
- Windows: Fixed !wintv! keyword handling in scripts bound to reminder events
- Windows: more updates of DScaler drivers (new TV cards, improved support for cards with TDA9887)
Changes between 2.7.4pre0 and 2.7.4pre1 (2004-10-03)
- Fixes in the way provider and network names were passed to Tcl/Tk for display in main window status bar and various dialogs (only relevant for names corrupted by transmission errors, but did cause sporadic failure)
- Fixed default setting for context menu: was empty since 2.7.1
- Fixed bug in text search filter for merged databases: sub-string search ended after 258 characters
- Added work-around to catch "panic" (i.e. internal errors) in Tcl/Tk library, esp. to cleanly shut down acquisition
- UNIX: added "XdTV" (former xawdecode) to internal list of TV apps with which nxtvepg can exchange EPG info
Changes between 2.7.3 and 2.7.4pre0 (2004-09-22)
- Bugfix EPG teletext number update in database: after external channel changes from one provider directly onto another there was a possibility that a wrong teletext number was stored for the first provider, subsequently causing acquisition to fail; also changed the EPG scan to update the teletext numbers stored in the databases
- Added output of current EPG page number to "acquisition statistics" in control menu
- Added possibility to store "expire time" filter in shortcuts
- Fixed timezone calculation for provider "VT4"
- Windows: updated DScaler TV card support; Note a new version of the dsdrv4 driver will be installed the first time you start nxtvepg (unless version 4.03 was already installed by another application)
nxtvepg 2.7.1 pre-releases changelog
Note the format of rc/ini file has changed in 2.7.1pre2; it will be automatically upgraded upon the first start when using an rc/ini file written by an older version. Make a copy before so you can still use it with older versions.
The acquisition daemon protocol has also changed in 2.7.1pre1, hence you cannot connect with a 2.7.1 client to 2.7.0 or older daemons.
Changes between 2.7.1pre3 and 2.7.1 (2004-07-17)
- Bugfix: option "-provider merged" did not work in daemon mode (acq for merged database did work though, if pre-configured as default in the .nxtvepgrc or INI file) Thanks to Georg for reporting this bug.
- Several fixes in XMLTV DTD 0.6 export
Changes between 2.7.1pre2 and 2.7.1pre3 (2004-06-26)
- UNIX/X11: display Nextview logo in main window title bar (only works for window managers which support the WM_ICON feature, e.g. fvwm2 or Gnome)
- Bugfix: columns in the main programme list were not resizable, i.e. the pull-down menu appeared even when clicking onto the column header button's right border ("single list" layout only)
Changes between 2.7.1pre1 and 2.7.1pre2 (2004-06-10)
- Made programme list's context menu fully configurable: pre-defined commands for filter and reminder control can be re-ordered now too (in addition to external commands); also removed the need to press the dialog's "Update" button after changes (which was a long standing entry in the TODO list)
- Added support for new XMLTV DTD 0.6 (note command line option -dump xml uses the format which was used last in Control->"Export as XMLTV")
- Linux: bugfix in v4l2 support (fixes problems with PVR-350 cards.) Thanks to Urs Schaufelberger and Hans Verkuil for the patch.
- Bugfix acq stats when connected to acquisition daemon: VPS/PDC info was not displayed
- Further internal improvements in the handling of -daemonstop for Linux (since pre1): the command will now wait until the daemon process is dead or print an error message if it takes too long.
Changes between 2.7.1pre0 and 2.7.1pre1 (2004-05-22)
- Bugfix in "local time" option for XML database export (times were still in GMT only, regardless if the option was enabled or not)
- Fixed -daemonstop option for Linux and v4l2 devices (2.6 kernels): did sometimes not work after the user interface was used.
- Added support for new UNIX TV app: Zapping, i.e. reading channel table from zapping.conf. (Note: interaction with nxtvepg was implemented in zapping too: you can check it out from CVS at zapping.sourceforge.net)
- Windows only: fixed weekday colors in datescale: should now match those in the "weekday color" attribute in the programme list
Changes between 2.7.0 and 2.7.1pre0 (2004-04-17)
- Added work-around for daylight saving time changes and LTO handling for Turkish provider TRT.
- Linux: adapted for API changes to the VBI proxy daemon. This is still work in progress and should be used by developers only.
nxtvepg 2.7.0 pre-releases changelog
Note the format of rc/ini file has changed in 2.7.0pre0; it will be automatically upgraded upon the first start when using an rc/ini file written by an older version. Make a copy before so you can still use it with older versions.
The acquisition daemon protocol has also changed multiple times in-between pre-releases, hence you cannot connect with a 2.7.0 client to 2.6.0 or older daemons.
Changes between 2.7.0pre10 and 2.7.0 (2004-04-02)
- Undid a few changes I made for video4linux2 drivers because they would have broken support for v4l1 or esp. a mixture of v4l2 and v4l1 drivers. Specifically, TV channels are again switched through /dev/video for v4l2 too.
- Made behaviour of right mouse button clicks in the main window conformant with other apps, i.e. update cursor selection to the current mouse position before opening the context menu. Thanks to J÷rg for pointing this out in the forum.
- Updated several manual section for changes already made in 2.6.0 for reminders.
Changes between 2.7.0pre9 and 2.7.0pre10 (2004-03-30)
- Apply "air times" configuration (from network selection dialog) to reminder events, i.e. don't generate reminders for masked out times. Thanks to J÷rk for pointing this out.
- Improved "Remove provider" button in EPG scan refresh mode: remove provider from acquisition list and merge configuration, too.
- Updated description of filter shortcuts edit dialog in the manual
- Fixed TV card input dialog to handle invalud card index given with with -card command line option (or if card is physically removed)
- Added mouse wheel support in yet another few dialogs (e.g. network lists in provider selection)
- Windows: added a warning about side-effects when "WDM stop" option is enabled for CX23881 cards; added explanation to the manual.
- Windows port of this pre-release is actually compiled under Windows this time, so that locale settings (start of summer time, local languages) should work correctly now. If not, please report ASAP.
Changes between 2.7.0pre8 and 2.7.0pre9 (2004-03-23)
- Windows: since some users complained "all their configuration was lost" due to nxtvepg's stopping of WDM drivers for CX23881 cards, I've disabled this new feature by default and added a new config option to the TV card input dialog to optionally enable it; also added log output for WDM start/stop into 'dsdrv.log'
- Fixed a bug in Windows/UNIX database file name compatibility: new database names were always in UNIX name format, even on Windows
- XMLTV export: as work-around for broken TV apps which don't evaluate the timezone specifier in timestamps, I added an option in the XMLTV export dialog to generate all times in the local time zone
- Windows: bugfix in weekday and month name output in date scale and other parts of GUI: weekday and month names were in English regardless of configured locale
Note to those who compile nxtvepg from sources: the nxtvepg executable as well as intermediate objects are now placed in a sub-directory named "build-platform", simply to allow building for multiple platforms in parallel. Also "make depend" is now obsolete since dependencies are generated on the fly.
Changes between 2.7.0pre7 and 2.7.0pre8 (2004-03-17)
- Windows: fixed a bug which made nxtvepg often crash right away when acquisition was started for a TV card with CX23881 capture chip
- Windows: also fixed a bug in the CX23881 control code which made nxtvepg acq not work correctly after DScaler was running (acq stats would have shown a minimal baud rate in this case; caused by missing initialization for one CX23881 register)
- Added new EPG provider VT4 (Belgium) which started March 2004. Thanks to "NÚo" for providing the info.
Changes between 2.7.0pre6 and 2.7.0pre7 (2004-03-12)
- Windows: merged several months worth of driver updates from DScaler
- added many new SAA7134 and CX23881 based TV cards
- stop WDM drivers before starting capture on CX23881 cards
- improved frequency tuning for Microtune MT2050 tuner
- support for tuners with TDA9887 chip at alternate I2C address
- allow new keyword "merged" for -prov option (instead of "FF")
- print warning if -dump fails due to database or merge error; fixed (pseudo-)provider name in XMLTV dump of merged database; UNIX: allow to abort -dump with CTRL-C
- added mouse-wheel control to main window scrollbar and date scale
- daemon mode client/server protocol: fixes for endian conversion and 64-bit CPUs; made robust against clock skew between both parties
- tvsim UNIX port: improved Xawtv simulation (EPG popup now appears below the tvsim window), removed VBI decoding from tvsim on UNIX to avoid conflict with vbirec and nxtvepg; added -card command line parameter to vbirec
- Windows, for developers: added new element "epgCmdArgLen" in "winshm" TV app. communication structure; should be used instead of argc in the future
Changes between 2.7.0pre5 and 2.7.0pre6 (2004-02-29)
- Introduced compatibility between database file names on Windows and Linux, i.e. Windows can load databases written by Linux and vice versa without renaming the files
- Ported tvsim and vbirec tools to UNIX for Xawtv (type "make tvsim" to build them; note currently you cannot run tvsim and vbirec at the same time unless you use the VBI proxy)
- Bugfix in detection of 2nd running nxtvepg instance which disturbed coordination with K!TV (bug introduced in pre5)
Changes between 2.7.0pre4 and 2.7.0pre5 (2004-02-21)
- Added new command line option -acqonce for daemon mode: automatically stop acquisition and terminate the daemon after the given phase has been completed for all providers.
- Windows: added new command line option -remctrl: can be used to remotes control an other, previously started GUI (i.e. non-daemon) instance of nxtvepg. Currently supported are command to start/stop acquisition, close/raise/icoify the GUI windows.
- Minor change in programme list's cursor handling: selected item is remembered across filter changes, i.e. when a filter is added and revoked (without scrolling or moving the cursor in-between) the cursor jumps back onto the previously selected item. (In "grid" layout the cursor always bahaved like that.)
- Bugfix in provider switch during run time of GUI: search filters for composite attributes which where based on shortcuts which used network filters were not initialized. Hence attributes may have been missing after provider changes. Thanks to Rami for reporting this bug.
- Linux compile bugfix: path to videodev2.h header file was not correct so that compilation failed.
Changes between 2.7.0pre3 and 2.7.0pre4 (2004-02-14)
- Added EPG decoder quality section to "Acquisition statistics" (control menu): useful to analyze EPG reception problems
- Bugfix "enhanced" slicer (ZVBI): didn't work at all (at least for Linux saa7134 diver, since 2.7.0pre2)
- Implemented automatic slicer type selection (TV card input config dialog), i.e. automatic adaption to decoder error rate
- Fixed bug in shortcut edit dialog (dialog would not open if the last used shortcut was deleted)
- Bugfix date scale: when selecting a time in the scale the programme list would jump to a time which was 12 hours later than selected (bug introduced in 2.7.0pre0)
- Linux: use /dev/vbi instead of /dev/video to switch channels for v4l2 drivers; this should somewhat reduce confusion for people with mismatching device numbers between /dev/vbi and /dev/video
- Linux: included videodev header files within nxtvepg (so that new v4l2 driver feature also work for people whose /usr/include/linux does not point to their current kernel sources)
Changes between 2.7.0pre2 and 2.7.0pre3 (2003-01-24)
- Added work-around for flip-flopping of programe title popups on Arte/Fr5 in France: appearently Fr5 sends Fr5 PDC code, but Arte VPS. Solved by allowing to suppress false EPG popups by means of air times configuration. Thanks to Simon for test and debugging support.
- Extended variable substitution for user-defined commands in context menu configuration: an optional time offset can be added to start and stop times, e.g. to start a recording 5 minutes before the official start time.
- Windows: added separate tuner table entry for MT2050 (only to keep the tuner table identical to DScaler)
- Fixed error message when moving folders in shortcut config dialog
Changes between 2.7.0pre1 and 2.7.0pre2 (2003-12-30)
- Improved TV app EPG OSD for channels with multiple networks (Arte/TV5): use user-configured "air times" in network selection configuration dialog to determine which network is currently received in case VPS/PDC is not available (suggested by "salokyn" in forum)
- bugfix in user-defined context menu commands based on !wintv! and !xawtv!: argument count which was reported to the external program was wrong, hence some apps did not accept the command.
- fixed "up left" in shortcut edit dialog for elements in sub-sub folders (Thanks to Udo for reporting this)
- added support for Philips MK3 tuner in combination with TDA9887 (e.g. used in Leadtek's CX23881 card; Thanks to Gerard Chevalier for debugging support)
- Linux (v4l2 drivers only): set device priority to "background" so that channel is not switched when an interactive app is running (e.g. TV app; this feature was already in some previous pre-releases but is now implemented cleanly and supported officially)
Changes between 2.7.0pre0 and 2.7.0pre1 (2003-12-08)
- Bugfix: format of default shortcuts wasn't adapted for tree structure yet; resulted in an empty default shortcut list and multiple Tcl error messages during the initial start-up.
- Fixed text foreground color for selections in shortcut tree widget on Windows.
Changes between 2.6.0 and 2.7.0pre0 (2003-12-07)
- Changed shortcut presentation from flat list into hierarchical tree, i.e. added possibility to use nested folders and also separator lines.
- Bugfix for shortcut lists which are too long to fit into the main window: scrolling with middle mouse button did not work. Since there's no scrollbar lower shortcuts were inacessible. Thanks to Udo for pointing this out in the discussion forum.
- Added slicer type configuration option to "TV card input" (was previously selected at compile time by -DZVBI_DECODER switch): "elaborate" (ZVBI) slicer is recommended for users with teletext reception quality problems (note automatic slicer type selection is still TODO as of 2.7.0pre0)
- Windows: added support for new Microtune tuner MT2050 (e.g. used in new Pinnacle PCTV Rave and MSI TV @anywhere TV cards)
- bugfixes tcl2c.c: crashed during build on 64bit platforms Thanks to Simon Barner and Gerd Knorr for the bug reports.
- Bugfix date scale: shows Sunday twice during switch from daylight saving time back to regular time (00:00 localtime + 24h is still the same day at that special day :) Note that wrong start times for TV programmes after the time switch are faults on side if the content providers.